Dr. Shannon knows Teeth!
Dr. Shannon’s focus of study has been on anterior and posterior aesthetics. He has been placing indirect aesthetic restorations since 1992. If he is not lecturing at the annual Aesthetic Conferences, he is attending them always striving to be the best he can be.
- Dalhousie University – Nova Scotia, Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), 1987
- St. Francis Xavier University – Nova Scotia, Bachelors of Science Degree (BSc.), 1983
- Nobel BioCare – British Columbia, Implant Surgery and Prosthetics, 2007
- Align Technologies – British Columbia, Invisalign Certification Level 1 Treatment Planning, 2006
- University of British Columbia – IDEAS, Implant Surgery Basic, 2006
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Cosmetic Studies – Las Vegas, Advanced Functional Aesthetics, Comprehensive Aesthetic Reconstruction, 1996
- Baylor College of Dentistry – Dallas, Post Credentials Aesthetic Restorative Continuum, 1995
- Over the Shoulder – Bill Dickerson, Las Vegas, 1994
- Clinical Restorative Excellence Continuum – John Kois / Frank Spear, Seattle, 1988 – 1992
- President Aesthetic Continuing Education Study Club (ACE) – Vancouver, since 1998
- New York University – NYC, Aesthetic Advantage Program, 1998
- University of Kentucky – Kentucky, Aesthetic Continuum, 1997
- Baylor College of Dentistry – Texas, Post Aesthetic Continuum, 1996
- Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Evaluator – Utah, 1996
Professional Fellowships and Accreditation
- International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics, Fellowship
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists (AACD), Accredited Member
- Western Chapter of the AACD, Founder
- Canadian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (CEAD), Founding Member
- Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry (CARD), Member
- Canadian Dental Association, Member
- American Dental Association, Member
Other Professional Activities
Clinical Evaluator for many of the large dental suppliers
Dr Shannon has been recognized as one of the Leaders in Continuing Education and invited to be a part of “Top Clinicians in Continuing Education” directory of Dentistry Today 2008. This is an honour that Dr. Shannon has held numerous times in the past decade.
Dentists who are listed as Top Clinicians are:
- Committed to attending professional meetings
- Published in major journals or magazines
- Meaningful contributors to the field of dentistry
Dr. Shannon has received the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s (AACD) Accreditation in 1999. He is one of six dentists in British Columbia who has the honor of using the AACD Accredited status as an accomplishment.
According to the AACD’s website
An Accredited Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® has completed extensive advanced training and education in cosmetic dentistry. In addition, this credentialed dentist or technician has successfully passed a rigorous Accreditation Board Examination. An Accredited Member is a dentist or technician who has demonstrated a very high level of technical skill and ability in cosmetic dentistry.
“The person who makes a success of living is the one who see his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication.” – Cecil B. DeMille